… what a lovely month May has been. Well actually you can scrap that, it’s actually not been the best month ever with the back pain and the diverticulitis… plus the manic crazed work… to be honest i’ve felt like giving up the blog for a while but I’m thankful I persevered and i’m particularly grateful to all you lovely folk out there who’ve taken the time to enter the savoury version of simply eggcellent… it’s been a nice change from all the sweetness and I do love my eggs so the list is such beautiful inspiration…
1. a gorgeous butternut squash quiche from Caroline at Caroline Makes
2. minted asparagus and ricotta tart by Helen at Crazy Kitchen
3. easy jamaican vegetable patties by Charlene at Food Glorious Food
4. mini pork pies with quails eggs from Ros at The More Than Occasional Baker
5. salade parisienne by Allison from Dragons and Fairy Dust
6. cheddar, gruyere and bacon quiche from Kate the Gluten Free Alchemist
7. arbroath smokie cupcakes from Stuart the Cakeyboi
8. pepin’s crepes from Susan at The Spice Garden
9. feta, pepper and courgette filo pie by Lucy the Baking Queen
10. curried eggs with cauliflower by Jane at Onions and Paper
11. cheddar and jalapeño cornbread by Suelle at Mainly Baking
12. scrambled eggs by Grace at Life Can Be Simple
13. swiss chard, mushroom and potato frittata by Sarah at Tales from the Kitchen Shed
14. tomato pesto stuffed cornbread muffins by Laura at Id Rather Bake Than…
15. chilli spam and eggs by Camilla from Fab Food 4 All
16. ombre potato and cheese torte by the Green Gourmet Giraffe
17. brie and chive scones by Choclette at Tin and Thyme
18. spinach and feta frittata by Craig at The Usual Saucepans
19. spring onion, celery and blue cheese tartlets by Emily at Cooking for Kishore
20. mexican egg salad wraps by Karen over at Lavender and Lovage
21. mushroom and wild garlic quiches by Nicola at Lemon and Cheese
22. dirty dozen wholesome omelette by Nasifriet
23. tomato, feta and spring onion frittata by Heather at Snack to the Future
24. this omelette arnold bennet by
little old me at Belleau Kitchen
… so i’m simply in love with you all and thank you once again for the entries and I look forward to welcoming you all on board the simply eggcellent train for June…
eat and of course, enjoy!
Magnolia Verandah says
Sadly I missed the deadline!! Again!! Still enjoyed the roundup though.
My Little Space says
This is absolutely eggcellence ! Looks scrumptious. Hopefully, I can make it on June too !
Enjoy & have a great weekend.
Stuart Vettese says
Lovely roundup – hope you are feeling better soon x
Kate Glutenfreealchemist says
I've said it before and I'll say it again……. Eggs are just so amazing aren't they????
Camilla Hawkins says
Gorgeous egg dishes and love the little eggy numbers Dom, hope you have a better month health wise in June! My eye is drawn to Jane's Egg Curry as my mum always used to make this in the 70's – a good frugal favourite:-) Keep up the good work and I look forward to next month:-)
Choclette Blogger says
Ooh my, Susan't crepes look divine as does that spring onion tart – actually it all looks super delicious and it's probably just as well they are all chez toi, rather than chez moi 😉
Hope June goes better for you.
Karen S Booth says
An EGGcellent round up as always Dom! There's some real winners there! Karen
Proving that Eggs aren't just for Easter… lovely round-up Dom and here's to a WAY better June!
Sue/the view from great island says
Wonderful round-up — I eat eggs for dinner whenever I'm super busy or super stressed, I'm pinning this one for sure!
Baking Addict says
Eggcellent roundup! Somany delicious savoury recipes and lots of ideas for summer eating.
I love the variety of recipes that are in this round up! So many excellent savoury ideas for summer.
Johanna GGG says
sorry to hear May did not treat you well – love all the savoury dishes – and hope June is eggcellent for you